* Communicate daily with your Heavenly Father and listen to His responses. Use every occasion to be in contact with Him (power walks, alone in the car, taking a shower...) Prayer is a two way communication.
1 Thess 5:16-18 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." NIV
* Read the letters God has written to you in His Word the Bible. Ask God's Spirit to make His Word alive to you. This is the only way to really understand His Word. Isn't He the author of His Word?
John 16:13 "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth." NIV
Watch for confirmations in the Bible.
* Depend on Him in everything and be aware of your limits.
John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." NIV
* Listen to His voice and wait on Him. As you have accepted Him into your life (If you have not, why don't you accept Him now in your life by going to http://www.answers2prayer.org/saviours_call.html ), God has promised the indwelling of His Holy Spirit, who "will guide you in all truth" (John 16:13).
If you are not used to hear His voice, don't despair. Just take the time to be alone with Him and listen. Bit by bit you will start to hear His voice.
P.S. Always check with God's Word if what is revealed to you is from God. God never contradicts His Word. God is Heb 13:8 "is the same yesterday and today and forever." NIV
* Be thankful for the difference He makes into your life.
Col 3:17 "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." NIV
* Staying in God's will will fill you with inner peace, even in the midst of trials.
Col 3:15 "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace." NIV
Phil 4:9 "Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." NIV
If you are not experiencing God's inner peace, you are probably not where you should be.
* Keep your eyes only on Jesus, and not on religious leaders and others. Human friends tend to disappoint us, but our Forever Friend will never disappoint us.
Heb 12:2-3 "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." NIV
P.S. A great workbook on this subject is written by Henry T. Blackaby and Claude V. King. The title of the book is Experiencing God. I recommend the workbook, and do one unit per week. It is printed by Lifeway Press. ISBN 0-7673-2638-5.
It can be purchased in the States by clicking here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0805499547/qid=1064686154/sr=2-2/ref=sr_2_2/102-3843994-3049759
Receive our free newsletters
The Illustrator: This daily newsletter is dedicated to encouraging everyone to look towards Jesus as the source of all the solutions to our problems. It contains a daily inspirational story, a Bible verse and encouraging messages. HTML and plain text versions available.
The Nugget: Published three times a week, this newsletter features inspirational devotionals and mini-sermons dedicated to drawing mankind closer to each other and to Christ.
About Answers2Prayer Bible Studies
Healing Prayer Contact Us